Sunday, February 14, 2016

Stitch by Stitch 2

4 weeks in, 13 lbs down and loving the changes I am seeing...

The other day I felt my knee. The actual bone. I think it has been over a year since I could actually see it protruding from my jeans. The jacket I got for Christmas is getting a bit baggy. I've sinched up 2 belt notches and I have actually been enjoying morning runs (downhill to the next town - but we'll work on getting up the hill next month). My swim workouts have expanded from what was an exhausting 500m with pauses every 25m to 1000m with some sprints worked in between and pauses every 100m (to start but again will work on that next month). 




I still can't break my knitting habit but then again I'm not really trying. Instead I figured out a way to make it a little healthier. Yes - they look at me funny and No - I don't care. I spent an hour on the seated bike the other day and came home with fewer fat cells and a few more rows finished. LOVE IT!





I am very proud of myself for the major dietary changes I have made. I used to drink more Diet Coke in a day than water and it has now a month since I've had one. I have been allowing myself to indulge in one meal a week and I try to choose a food I've been craving all week. First it was Tex-Mex, then it was German Breakfast, last week it was Sushi. This week I haven't had a craving strong enough to splurge on. 

I used to stay up until the wee hours of the morning and snacking all the while. Now I go to bed early with plenty of energy in the morning and there is absolutely NO snacking after supper. 

My skin is clearer than it has been in years. All the water I've been drinking? 

With all these changes - I am still falling behind in the competition I entered. Another lady has taken a ridiculous lead in the local Lose2Win contest and has pretty much guaranteed that she'll be riding "my"  sweet BMW bike come March. 

In the next 6 weeks I may not be able to catch up but I am so excited about this new lifestyle that I have given myself. I have the money to buy my own bike but what I didn't have was the motivation to make the changes I knew I needed to make. 


No comments:

Post a Comment